Re-Installing or Updating the Firmware on your Altair V3
The serial number on the inside top of your Altair indicates the version and corresponds to the proper Firmware and Configuration File to be used:
V3.0 Altair: PSXXXXV3.0XXXX - Filament driver in the base of the printer
V3.1 Altair: PSXXXXV3.1XXXX - Filament driver located at the top of the printer
V3.2 Altair: PSXXXXV3.2XXXX - Filament driver located at the top of the printer
V3.C Altair Carbon: PSXXXXV3.CXXXX - Carbon Fiber Altair with flex plate for easy print removal
Installing Altair Firmware Update
2. If AutoPlay is on it will ask you to open Altair’s folder to view files.
3. Open the folder.
Go to the .zip file you downloaded for your printer’s version, unzip the file, then copy & paste these files directly into your Altair Folder. (7zip is a free zip file opener if you don't have one - 7zip link)
C. Copy everything in folder
8. Once you paste the files into the Altair a window will appear reading The destination has files with the same names Select- 'Replace the files in the destination'.
12. When prompted by AutoPlay, open the folder again.
13. Note that the “FIRMWARE.BIN” file that you pasted into the folder has been changed to “FIRMWARE.CUR”.
14. After re-installing or updating the Firmware you will need to re-run the Calibrate Bed routine.
15. It is recommended that you also run the "Hotend PID" routine as well as the "Bed PID" routine from the custom menu after re-installing the firmware in order to optimize the Altair's heat-up routine.
Let us know if we left anything unanswered, or if you have any additional questions.
Altair Support Team