The Altair has a ‘Pause Print’ and ‘Resume Print’ function. This is currently for printer versions 1.1 and later. Like the name, these functions will allow you to pause and resume a print. You can do this at any time during the printing process as many times as you need to. This will allow you to make any adjustments, or additions (such as adding embedded electronics), to your 3D print. Below are instructions on how to find, and use these commands:
How To Pause a Print
1. To pause a print, while printing is in process, first press the Dial.
(Below is what your interface should look like before pressing the dial.)
2. Altair’s Main Menu will appear. Rotate the dial down to ‘Custom’. Press the dial to open the Custom Menu.
3. In the Custom Menu rotate the dial down to select ‘Pause Print’. Once selected the Hot End will return all axes to ‘Home’.
4. Once you have selected this, go back to the main screen. You will now see it reads ‘Suspended’. This just means that the print is paused. You can still use certain commands in your menu like: ‘Extrude 5mm’, or ‘Retract 5mm’. These can be useful when changing out filament colors.
5. Before resuming your print it is recommended that you wipe the nozzle. You may have some excess filament which has oozed out. You can remove this with the part removal tool or tweezers. Do not touch it with your hands because it will burn you!
6. To resume your print, the process is the same as before: Press the Dial->Select 'Custom'-> then select ‘Resume Print’.
Your printer will now resume printing exactly where it left off.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!